Yesterday at Providence was our monthly e-service, which is basically a time where we share what God is doing in and through us as a church. We have a firm conviction at Providence church that every member is a minister, and therefore everyone has the ability to edify the body of Christ. This past Sunday, it was a joy to sit back and hear all that God was doing. Since I have the privilege to be the main teacher at Providence among the other elders, it’s not very often that I get a chance to sit back, listen, and learn at our worship gatherings. So I thought I’d share what I learned from our church body yesterday.
1. I learned that God’s Word is working Monday through Saturday to sanctify and conform us to look like Jesus.
2. I learned that idols are being rooted up and destroyed when Jesus becomes our greatest love.
3. I learned that God is providing for our needs.
4. I learned that the church works when we submit ourselves to biblical community (i.e. lifegroups).
5. I learned that children can give powerful testimonies.
6. I learned that God always answers prayer, although the answer may be different from what we expect.
7. I learned that boldness is contagious.
8. I learned that God is there even in our trials, heartbreaks, and disappointments.
9. I learned that God’s promises are true.
10. I learned that a simple song like “Jesus loves me” is still a powerful worship song.
11. I learned that there is great joy in breaking bread with fellow believers.
One of the reasons I love our e-services is that it reminds me that the church isn’t dependent on any one person. The church is a beautiful thing when broken people are rebuilt by the power and grace of God. It really goes back to what our church is supposed to be about – Letting God write our story. I’m thankful I get a chance to be a part of that.